Wednesday, July 17, 2019

My Mom


My Mom ~ Veronica Ruby Vassar Boisvert

I want to let you know that I've been quiet here and on social media for a few weeks because I lost my mom two weeks ago today.

On Monday morning of June 17th, she went in to see her regular doctor for a check up. Her doctor sent her straight to the ER for testing, she was kept for observation and admitted a few days later. The plan was for her to go to rehab for two weeks and then return home. A few days before she died the conversation shifted from rehab to hospice care. She spent two and a half weeks in the hospital.

I stayed with her around the clock during her last days, and had time alone with her. She passed over peacefully surround by us: her immediate family, which consists of me, my brother and my dad as well as extended family members.

Even though my mom was 89 years old, I wasn't anticipating the end of her life. Her mind was sharp and her cheeks were rosy with vitality until the very end.

I miss her madly. She's the one I'd go to in a time like this.

Squeeze your loved ones a little tighter today.

Warmly,
Lisa

         

                                                        Peace on Earth begins at Home. 


6 comments:

  1. Lisa, I'm so sorry for your loss. How incredibly heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kris, I appreciate your kind words and good thoughts.

      Delete
  3. Dear Lisa, I am sending you love and light and my deepest sympathy for the loss of your mom. It is impossibly, incredibly painful. It never stops hurting but I have learned that the hurt shifts over time more quickly into sweet memories and less about feeling bereft. Not that I still don't, but it has eased. It's been 7 years. Take care and hold your family and friends close, we all need each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Vicki, thank you so much, I appreciate your buoying words of wisdom. I'm sorry for your. I'm quite sure our loved ones remain with us, in some aspect of being. It does make me realize that our days are numbered and how incredibly precious the time we have together is.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, do say hello when you stop by and leave a link to what is happening with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...