Friday, August 28, 2015

Something New for Back to School

Oh I am so excited for these gems...
 Look at what came in the mail!
My first beeswax crayons were the block versions of these and oh how I loved them and love the bits that remain of them.

 I can’t tell you how thrilled I am to have come across the stick version of these crayons. I suspect they are back on the scene after an absence.

They are such sturdy crayons with beautiful pigments. They are exquisite for blending colors.

Go easy on me. Before you tell me, they are not made of huge quantities of beeswax, I know. No one is claiming they are. I love them as they are.

I am leery of soy in crayons, as it is one of the most GMO contaminated crops, and has a host of other issues.

My rationale is that the paraffin wax in these Lyra, as well as Stockmar crayons for that matter, is not being created for the crayons, it is a product that already exists as a by product and it being used in the crayons as an afterthought.


1 comment:

  1. Yes, I doubt that Lyra and Stockmar are driving the paraffin wax production. I tried the soy and beeswax crayons and then ordered the old favorites this year. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, do say hello when you stop by and leave a link to what is happening with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...