Friday, August 19, 2011

Monthly Guides are Back!

I am so very excited to share with you the news of the return of the Celebrating the Rhythm of Life in Caring for Children through the Year materials. I have read all of your very kind, honest and thorough comments in the feedback and taken them to heart. The new format retains all of the elements you love with some expansion in a few areas. I've been striving to keep it all very simple, easy for you to read and digest. I have also made it more process and community oriented this time around.


The material will be available in a packet (pdf) and online along with the rest of the program. Participants may sign up for the month or for the school year, from September to July

Each month the material for The Celebrating the Rhythm of Life in Caring for Children Program includes:

  • Materials packet with verse, song, circle, finger play, story, activities
  • Daily and Weekly rhythm plan (if you want it sketched out ~ it's here)
  • Menus with recipes based on Steiner's grains (breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea)
  • Handwork for each month with hands on tutorial
  • Artistic Activity for each month
  • Festival life ~ background and celebration ideas
  • Seasonal foods to plant, harvest and prepare with children
  • My favorite book suggestions
  • In the Morning Garden ( a tip each month for group programs)
  • After school (Activities, Recipes, Stories for the grade school child)
  • Focus topic for each month
  • Pedagogy behind the topic
  •  Practical activity with monthly topic
  • Exercise to do with the topic ~ practice
  • Reflection ~ questions for nurturing the inner life
  • Partners to support each other
  • Private online discussion group
  • Occasional blog posts throughout the month
  • Ideas for creating community where you live
Come join in, create community, find support, receive encouragement!

Often the artistic, handwork and practical activity with overlap with each other so you will not have a huge number of projects each month.


After many years of giving freely to help others along the Waldorf Way, I have made the decision to charge a fee for this material to help me continue to do this work and support my family. The Wonder of Childhood will continue to be free of a subscription charge.

Cost:
By the month $45 per month
From September until July (with July as bonus) $45



Go here to enroll.

9 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful, I wish you all the luck, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lisa. I am excited to see your monthly guides here. I have beeen searching for just such a thing. I am wondering if I were to purchase September as my first "sample month" and I do love it, would you still extend the bonus month of July to me? I would then be purchasing the rest of the year (October until July) after having sampled September. I want to be sure this is a good fit for our family before forking out the entire $450. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us. My children have been in Waldorf schools for the past 5 years; but, with a new baby on the way soon, I have made the decision to stay at home this school year. I could really use some guidance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mother Holly, Welcome!, are you related to Mother Holle? :-) Ah, for the comfort of home. Good for you, no more morning push to get out the door. It is very relaxing to have children rise at home in the morning. We have done both. Yes, absolutely, it is fine to "sample" September and then decide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Tanya, thank you for your kind words and good wishes. I'm really excited to do this program.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa, this all sounds wonderful. I was wondering what age group the program is primarily geared for?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristin, I'd say it's geared for pregnancy to age nine-ish. We'll look at how the particular focus topic applies to different ages by looking at the child development and pedagogy behind it, so with stories we will consider infants, toddlers, young kindergarten and the six year all, each with distinct needs. The circle work is nursery kindergarten, again with a look at the differences and distinct needs. If we have first or second grade families who want to look at circle for that age we can bring that it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa,

    How do you subscribe? ~ I'd love to have this information. I teach second grade, and although I know my students are on the older side of what this material will be geared towards, I do think it would bring a wonderful layer to my classroom. (I teach at a private school, but it is not Waldorf.)Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Heather,
    I just put up a PayPal button with a link in post above at the very end. Second grade is such a joy. I just finished a year of second grade and am glad to include elements that are related. Once you subscribe, I'll send you an enrollment form where you can note what you are looking for. Today I told one of the September stories to a rising second grader and rising third grader and they loved it. The table puppet stories captivate all audiences too. Warm regards, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I'd like to be entered for the draw. I have liked/shared! Please enter me if I haven't already missed the opportunity :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, do say hello when you stop by and leave a link to what is happening with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...