Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Yarn Along

Today, I'm joining Ginny over at Small Things in her Yarn Along.

I'll confess that I am more of a reader than a knitter. Sleep comes easily for me with a few pages of fiction each night. Knitting is something I am striving to bring into my daily life. The challenge is finding a regular time for it and carrying it with me when I go to places where I can sit and knit.



I am loving Alice Hoffman's book, The Probable Future, which knits together three living generations of women and their maternal ancestors in a small New England town with  healing and understanding. Our annual family Christmas chapter book is coming to a close; it's Mary's Little Donkey by Gunhild Sehlin, a sweet story of Mary and Joseph's journey to Bethlehem and Egypt told from the perspective of the donkey.

My knitting project is a little robe for a small wooden fellow.

6 comments:

  1. I love anything by Alice Hoffman! And that is an especially good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read that one by Alice Hoffman yet! oooh, a new book for the to be read pile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. knitting a robe for a small wooden fellow? cute! i hope you post it when its finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found riding in the car to be a great place to get knitting time. Mary's Little Donkey sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's my first Alice Hooffman read, I Googled her after Julie's comment and what a lot of books she has writttn! What do you all recommend of hers? Mary's Little Donkey is a really sweet read for the whole family from about 4 til 14, it's well written and engaging, not child-i-fied yet child appropriate, if that makes any sense. We really enjoy the chapters leading up to Christmas.I like the idea of riding and knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing - never heard of Alice Hooffman before and that book about Mary and Joseph from the donkey's point of view sounds delightful.

    cute little robe. I find that if I take my work everywhere I can sneak it bits and pieces while waiting in the car or at appointments.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, do say hello when you stop by and leave a link to what is happening with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...