Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Yarn Along



In joining Ginny's Yarn Along , I'm sharing a book that I am a few pags short of finishing and reluctant to end because it has been such a pleasure to read. I have to admit that when I began this book, I was skeptical and thought not another American in Tuscany. Yes, judging without knowing for I could not endure Eat, Pray, Love and quit reading that, something I almost never do, no matter how dull I find the book. I have no idea why so many people have glomped onto it.

Marlena DiBlasi's, A Thousand Days in Tuscany, is a sweet  reflection on slow life in a small Tuscan village, complete with sage people, recipes and growth through relationships, both present and past.

On the needles is a little project for The First Grader and Handwork, a companion piece to Eugene Schwartz's multimedia presentation on The First Grader which will be published in The Wonder of Childhood, the online magazine dedicated to parenting, Waldorf education, living and nourishment which is about to have its soft opening........shhh

For updates on the opening of The Wonder of Childhood, watch the FaceBook Page.

Blessings with prayer and love and light to all the people of Japan,

Lisa



5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the comment about Eat, Pray, Love. I thought I as the only one who didn't like it. I couldn't finish it either and I ALWAYS finish what I start. Thanks for a new book recommendation.
    Warmly,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on Eat, Pray, Love. I had to quit, too, which is unusual for me.
    The online magazine looks like something I should check out - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't get into that book either...LOL! I love Tuscany so will check out your recommendation via my libary:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to tell you that I do love the gentle color of that yarn too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geesh! That;s a relief to know I am not alone with quitting E.P.L.!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, do say hello when you stop by and leave a link to what is happening with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...